Kathy Bounds, LPGA
LPGA Head Teaching Professional
Dona Lerner Golf Academy
Kathy is a Class A member of the LPGA. She brings tremendous energy and enthusiasm to the lesson tee and a wealth of competitive playing experience.
Kathy received a BS degree from NC State University in Recreation and Park Administration and completed a 3-season full internship at Pine Needles Lodge & Golf Club under the watchful eye of Mrs Peggy Kirk Bell. During her internship Kathy served as an instructor for Women’s & Junior “Golfaris” at Pine Needles.
Kathy was credited with successfully organizing the first Women’s Basketball Club at NC State, which ultimately transitioned into the NCAA Team coached by the late Kay Yow. She was the Assistant Women’s Intramural Director and played on the first NC State Women’s Golf team for Coach Sykes.
- Class A Member LPGA T&CP
- 2015, 2016 US Kids Top 50 Teacher
- 2014 US Kids Top 50 Teacher Honorable Mention
- Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Coach
- NFS Certified Coach
- USKids Certified Teacher
- Top 50 Kids Teacher nominee 2012
- 2013 Top 150 US Kids Teacher
- Assistant Coach Green Hope HS 2010-2013
- Assistant Tour Director USKids Raleigh Tour 2010-present
- Ambassador to Preserve GC Ladies Golf Association 2009-2013
- PGA Jr League Coach Brier Creek Country Club 2014 to present
Kathy was an accomplished amateur golfer prior to becoming a Golf Professional. She played on 7 South Eastern Women’s Amateur Teams, representing North Carolina in the 6-State event, she also played in the Carolina/Virginia Team Matches & qualified in the North/South Championship. The CGA had ranked her in the top 10 for Amateur Ladies prior to her turning professional.
Kathy’s philosophy is “Life is a gift and to live it fully, we must embrace everyone and every opportunity with a smile.”
Kathy can be reached at email@example.com